Thursday, January 17, 2008

DIY King (Of Fools)

One would think that doing something as simple as fixing a lock to a windows would be something soooooo easy!!! Yeap... easy to any person in the world but me!!!

It just took me the best part of 2 hours and a half to finish fixing the lock to the window! That of course after having to re-do it about 4 times because I've fixed one of the pieces to far out or too far in or too high or to low... and one of the times even because I forgot to check if the lock's key was locked (which it was, making impossible for me to close the thing).

One would have thought that following the instructions would be simple enough and that by doing so (once in my life) I would get the job done in a jiff and would have time to do whatever else needed to be done before embarking to Sunny Brazil... But nooooo... Life would not be that easy... not for me anyways!!!


Finally tommy took pity on me and came to help me finish the window once and for all... his help? well... play by my fit on top of the sink and encourage me by saying Daddy.!!! come on!! finish this up! I am hungry!!! I want food!!! can I do that that you are doing??? etc etc etc..." that for about 30 minutes when he got bored... but managed to shout "Yayyyyyy" when I finally got it done.


sooo... it is finally done... I found a spot of rotten wood in the window... but that is going to be my next DIY adventure!!!

AFTER WE COME BACK FROM BRAZIL!!!!!

All in all an other successful day!! yayyyy

zya!!!!

No comments: